What is the next best thing to being there at a live conference or event? The simple answer is video or even better live video. If you watch a sporting event you have a few options attend the event live, watch it on television or on demand. The event still gets viewership and brand exposure.
Nothing is better than networking at a live conference but in some cases you can’t attend the event due to travel, location, costs and schedule conflicts. Here is where Social Media “Social Channel News” comes into play.
In the past you had to wait for blog posts and article recaps, listen for interviews, follow the event twitter hashtag “#SalesConference” for updates etc. Video is the media channel that resonates best with me when monitoring an event. I want to see the experience and be told the digital story. The benefits for the viewer are obvious. Video can be more engaging and compelling than text.
What are the benefits of Video Coverage for event planners, program coordinators and conference directors?
- Video Coverage improves the visibility and coverage of your event. Increase the size of your audience.
- Video will support the shelf life of your event. Relevancy has a deadline and video can amplify and extend it.
- More engagement and interaction with event attendees.
Video Strategies for Event Planners
- Encourage your attendees to do video blogs, video interviews, video recaps
- Offer a video contests for attendees. With Vine and Instagram, mobile video is easier than ever to produce and distribute content. Leverage your event attendees as your mobile video evangelists Simple social user generated content.
- Set up a video Chat or Live Google Hangouts and take questions from a global audience. Live interactive video marketing
- Offer a pay-per-view Video content plan.
What can conference event attendees do to make events more social?
Please continue to post and write great updates, share the experience. Focus on using your mobile device as content curator tool. More tweets, more pictures do some video! Tell and share the event story with visual marketing
We have the technology today to capture live events with greater impact. Let’s leverage “Social Channels” and “Video” to make this happen.
Obvious or Oblivious
It’s obvious that social video marketing can amplify and build brand awareness for conferences and events. Don’t be Oblivious to power and impact of event video marketing today.